Do you find yourself searching for the same things every day in your business? Do you want your team (and yourself) to be more efficient when working online? A super simple way to save time in your daily operations is setting up shared bookmarks for your business. When we work with businesses for the first time, this is one of the best time-saving tools that we set up for them.
It seems so simple but it’s a lifesaver!
Don’t believe us? Check out some of our customer success stories.
There is only so much time available to work on online marketing, the last thing you want to do is waste 10 min every time finding the link to your Facebook Ads account or the link to quickly access your Google My Business account. Having all of your most commonly used online resources available in a categorised list means no more Google searching to try to find the right website or log-in page. You’ll never again waste time trying to remember the name of that one website that you use occasionally but not often enough to remember off the top of your head.
The video below will show you a great way to get your go-to online resources organised and accessible with the click of a button.
Get organised using bookmarks for your business
You likely have a system for storing your important files and images digitally including a hierarchy of folders and ideally a file naming convention that you and your team know how to use. If you do have this setup, you already know how useful it is to be organised when you’re looking for the materials you need. We think that this same logic should be applied to your bookmarks.
Below is a screenshot of the folder structure we use in our bookmarks. We recommend a similar structure for your business.
Here is a sample we’ve put together:
- Folder: Marketing
- Sub-folder: FacebookYour page
- Your groups
- Your business manager
- Your Ads manager
- Your audiences
- Sub-folder: Google My Business
- Your dashboard
- Your direct review link
- Sub-folder: FacebookYour page
- Folder: Operations
- Folder: Website
Sharing with your team
Once you’ve created your awesome bookmark structure, you can share it with your team so you can all have super quick access to the right resources.
- If you use G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, etc) you’ll find a setting on your G Suite admin account > Device Management > Chrome settings that let you set up bookmarks for your business (or a subset of teams). See the full instructions by Google for more information on this method.
- Note: this setup does not allow you to have nested folders (folders within folders).
- Another option is to use the TeamSync Bookmarks add-on for Google Chrome. It’s free for up to 4 users and is what we use at Tourism Tribe.
- Use the bookmark bar and create folders inside the bookmark bar
- Organise your bookmarks alphabetically
- Name the bookmarks something meaningful
- Share the folder with your team
- Update/maintain your bookmarks regularly
Running a tourism business is a time-consuming task. There is always so much to do and never enough hours in the day to do it. Thankfully, there are ways to regain some of this oh-so-precious resource.
In our Work Smarter Not Harder course, we go through more of these smart tricks, tools and shortcuts to help you organise your team, automate your processes and improve your business’s overall productivity.