HAVING A GREAT WEBSITE FOR TOURISM
In this one place you’ll find all the information you need to improve your website to bring more customers to your business.
The Website hub covers the essential knowledge required to ensure you approach your website design and development so that your website represents your product in a professional way that is true to your brand.
Your website is the front door to your business and in today’s market place needs to be easy to find, easy to use and aligned to your brand and your target market.
This combination of website tutorials takes you on a journey through the practical steps of upfront design and build planning including service providers and technology selection, through to connecting domain names and hosting and the important aspect of content management systems, images and video. You will also learn about security and backing up your website and learn about having a website for the China market.
If you think your website could be improved or you are about to commence a new website development project, this is the module for you. If you’re new to online marketing altogether, then start with the Getting Started Learning Hub first.
Browse the self-help resources. Refine your search using the orange bubble filters
Tutorials are premium content and are available to Tourism Tribe members only.
- Blog post template - Download our Blog post template, print it, put it on a clipboard and brief your team to work their way through one proposed blog article per week. You'll quickly see the increased traffic to your website in your Google Analytics!
- Measuring my Success - Working with Google Analytics.
- Building a Chinese Website - What to consider when designing for the Chinese market.
- Blogging - Embrace blogging for your business by following those simple steps.
- Pay Per Click - Getting started with advertising on search engines.
- Security and Backups - Simple steps to prevent a disaster.
- Responsive Design - Must read for anyone considering a new website.
- Working With Video - How to create a short video and embed it in your site.
- Working With Images - Resolution, pixels and size demystified.
- Content Management Systems - How to update your website yourself.
- Selecting the Right Technology - Future-proofing your technology investment.
- Getting Your Design Right - Creating a great look and feel.
- Organising Hosting - Web hosting simplified.
- Planning a Website Build - Steps required when planning a new website or site redesign.
- Selecting the Right Web Expert - How to find your perfect web expert
- With the proposed changes to Facebook recommend you activate plan B! - In this post we briefly explain the recently announced changes to Facebook and make some recommendations on how you can minimise the impact.
- How to write an effective description that will attract more customers - Your online description should engage the consumer, captivate them and make them want to book! In this Tourism Tribe post we'llshow you how.
- Creative ways to advertise your online assets - Getting noticed and getting reviews are essential for your business. Here are some creative ideas you could try.
- 13 important things to remember when getting a website quote - Lynne Hocking from Web Noise shares her tips when engaging a web developer, her tips could save you time, effort and money!
- How much should a tourism website cost and what should I look out for? - Many of our members are unsure about what is considered reasonable when building a Website. One of our members explains the basics, it's a great read!
- 4 common sense tips to increase your chances converting customers on your website - Our tips are not what you think!
- An introduction to the travel distribution system - Learn the basics about the distribution system and links to other resources to help your business benefit.
- 3 tourism business types that should have an online booking system - There are 3 sectors in the Tourism industry who really benefit from an online booking system, in this post we explain who and why.
- How you can build a tourism website in 3 hours tops - Discover how one, three hour session with a Tourism Tribe expert created a Website for Moondoggie Tours
- Our 4 top tips to online success - We have 4 tops tips to online success, in this post we explain why these are the most important.
- How to optimise your website copy to get more bookings for your tour - Learn how to optimise your website copy to get more bookings for your tour with these 5 tips.
- Reassure your customers with good writing - Tourism Tribe expert Mel Roome provides some great tips to reassure your customers with good writing.
- Website Care, why you need it. - In this blog you'll learn why it's important to protect your Website and your business.
- What is revenue management and why is yield important? - Watch this 5 minute video to learn about revenue management and yield.
- What technology is important to your tourism business? - Watch this 3 minute video to see why you should get Wifi and have a great Website.
- 13 sure-fire tips for Tourism Operators to increase website visits, leads and bookings - Part 2 of a series written by Fiona Allan, Tourism Tribe expert. In this article she explains how to generate more bookings.
- 7 easy copywriting tips to help you get more visits to your tourism website - In this post Fiona explains what Copywriting is and how to go about it and create great content for your Website.
- Are you following the golden rules for Facebook and your website? - In this video produced by UQ, you'll learn the top tips for Marketing your business on Facebook and your Website.
- Need fresh content for your Website? Enlist your community using Social Media - Enlisting your community to provide content for your Website is not difficult, in this blog post we will explain how.
- How to tell if your business is Google Friendly - Take a few minutes and follow these 3 simple steps to see how visible your website is to Google
- 6 steps to ensure your online presence appeals to multi generational travellers - Multi-generational travel is increasing, so how can you adapt your business and benefit from this trend?
- 5 steps to create engaging content whilst you explore your own destination! - This post is designed to assist you in create some new content, that is accurate, insightful and of value for your guests.
Browse the questions & answers of other Tribe members in our support forums
Forum support is only available to members. Please join or log in to view the support forum topics and replies.
Post your question using the form below and it will appear in our support forums for any Tribe expert and member to answer. Helping one another is why the Tribe exists.
You must be logged in to create new topics.
I AM OVER DIY - I NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP
If you are after professional help, contact Tourism Tribe Head office by using the form below. We’ll get back to you with how we propose to tackle the problem and a fixed rate.