If you’re running a tourism business, you’re probably flat out just keeping things running, attending to customers needs, managing the books and trying to grow your business. Does this sound familiar? How on earth do you manage to keep on top of changing customer behaviours and social media platforms that appear to make changes every week?
This post highlights what I consider are the “must haves” in todays digital environment. Consider it similar to the “must do’s” in your region, sure you could do lots of other things but these are what I consider are the digital highlights.
Use this as a checklist to see how you are going and the hyperlinks to educate yourself, if nothing else it may give you peace of mind.
Do you have a “cracking” website?
- Is your website easy to find on search engines?? Does it appear on page one of a Google search, if not then you need to work on your SEO
- Is your website mobile friendly? Click here to find out
- Do you have online booking capability? This means you the ability to book and pay online, instantly.
- Is your content engaging? Does you have blogs?
- Does your website showcase your business with great images and more recently video?
- Reviews, do you showcase reviews on your website? If not, maybe visit here to find out why they are important
Do you have a Facebook business page?
- Do you use Facebook as a tool to promote your business?
- Are all the contact details and website correct?
- Do you have the “book” button enabled and linked to your booking page?
- Have you enabled the Facebook shop?
- Are you using video on your Facebook page?
- Do you respond to posts? like, share and comment?
- Are you using Facebook as a social tool?
Reviews, reviews, reviews!
- Are you responding to reviews and customer engagement wherever it occurs, TripAdvisor, Facebook, Goggle My Business?
- Do you know how to respond?
Have you claimed your Google My Business listing?
- Claiming your business is one of the most important things you can do. We’ve created this post to explain why this is so important. Click here
- If you have claimed your Google My Business, make sure all the information is accurate and the images are engaging.
Are you active on Instagram?
- Do you have an active Instagram account? If not, we suggest you check out this resource.
The consumer experience is very different on Instagram to other platforms. It is one of visual inspiration and personal discovery. The opportunity for business is huge we therefor recommend you get active on Instagram. Consumers often use Instagram in the dreaming phase of the purchasing cycle. Therefore, it is essential that your images are inspirational.