What are the 5 big trends in video?
- The Internet has recently entered the video era and visual content is in every valuable in every stage of the travel purchasing cycle
- Content marketing is becoming visual storytelling and image sharing is on the rise
- Content created by consumers is now a top growing source of visual assets
- Video content is being viewed more and more on mobile devices
- Tweets & posts with images, GIFs, or videos get more engagement than Tweets with just text
How can you capitalise on these trends with the right tools and channels?
In this short post, I will show you some tools and channels (some are FREE) who can help you to manage your video marketing from production to distribution
Let’s start by exploring some of the key tools shown in the diagram above.
Video Creation Tools
The best tool, with a very affordable rate per month, is Moovly to create and generate multimedia content: animated videos, video presentations, animated info graphics, you can also Create and edit amazing videos right on your mobile device with Adobe Premiere Clip
Video & images for travel industry
There are also B2b platforms for hotels, hotels groups who want to manage their digital assets into the travel industry.
FREE travel video channels
AirVuz it’s super if you have drone video! The 3 travel videos portals are FREE to use.
FREE video channels
YouTube still the big one, but Vimeo travel category is also a great alternative
This one is beautiful > AUSTRALIA – The Eagle Eye https://vimeo.com/198442959
Social media with videos
Instagram with 700 million Instagrammers who have more engagement than people on Facebook. With their 60 s video and Multi-video posts, Instagram it’s a great communication opportunity for any travel business
Visual marketing for DMO
CrowdRiff is the leading platform for DMO who want to make stunning visual marketing with their own content and their related content from social media channels
JWPlayer is the most-used HTML5 online video player. They have a FREE service
Camera + cloud services
GOPRO, still a great product
Video industrial platform
Here it’s for big video projects with budget. Use it at a source for information and trends about the video markets. They have great studies and statistics
10 best practices for your video strategy
- Focus first on telling a story
- Capture viewers attention immediately
- Tell your story with and without sounds
- Target relevant audiences on Facebook and social media
- Include calls to action (CTA)
- Optimise for search with title, description, hashtag and location
- Distribute in the right channel / categories
- Collaborate with other brands and influencers
- Keep it video short (30 seconds for Twitter, 60 seconds for Instagram, 90seconds for Facebook)
- Creating original content, or repurpose existing content in a fresh way
Here are some great Instagram accounts that focus on travel with videos you may like to look at
I hope this post will be useful for your video projects. Feel free to comments and ask questions below.
About the author
HoteliTour is a boutique French agency specialising in etourism and international travel markets. We love to create innovative & efficient marketing strategies.
Since 1994, Claude managed travel marketing online with skills in this areas :
Hotel industry, China travel digital ecosystem, International travel strategy, Travel social media, Travel eDistribution
Claude loves to ski and the sea, and in another life Claude was a scuba diving instructor!
Talk to us if you want to catch a piece of the French market with digital strategy and some innovative ideas!