Despina Karatzias one of the Tourism Tribe coaches shares her tips and learnings for Tourism operators.
Despina Karatzias was in Emerald, Queensland last Friday waiting for her flight home. She had just completed a week long Digital Ready Program filled with digital and social media training and mentoring with Tourism Tribe and Capricorn Enterprise in Queensland.
This is the second time this program has been delivered as the first one was such a success.
Despina received very positive feedback and she thinks the reason for its success was that she was able to compliment a 5 hour group workshop with personalised training and support to each individual operator with a 2 hour face to face meeting at their business, these mentoring sessions were further complimented with a follow up accountability session!
Despina commented that she learned just as much as she taught this week.
Below are the tips Despina shared and we thought you might get value from them.
- Upon reflection she created this list of actionable things to consider that may serve you in your business.
- Check all your listings are seen through to completion. By listings I mean ATDW, Trip Advisor, Facebook and Google etc these are not set and forget – go back and review regularly there are always fields missing or info that needs updating.
- Claim and verify your business on Google through Google My Business
- Facebook is not an informercial don’t just make it about “ME” share the love and make it about others in your region that compliment what you do!
- Do more video! Go pro for your website but for your social even a 15 sec video from your smart phone will suffice but do regularly – don’t just tell people what to do show them some emotion.
- When was the last time you collaborated and created a package with another business? Maybe time to start getting creative and extending your product offering??
Thank you @Despina