If you haven’t yet adopted video is your marketing mix, we suggest that you consider it. In this post we’ll share a few reasons as to why video is so important and some amazing stats of how big video actually is!
Video Encourages Social Shares
The is no doubt that videos are widely shared across social media platforms, but did you know that approximately 20% of the people who start your video will leave after the first 10 seconds.
Tip – Great a great introduction and keep your video short 2-4 minutes.
So, if you want your customers to do some of your marketing for you, then create great videos they will want to share.
Video Appeals to Mobile Users
Smart phones are an integral part of our society and mobile users love to watch videos, did you know that;
- Mobile Youtube users spent 40 minutes on average session, up more than 50% year-over-year
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube’s mobile revenue is up to 2x year on year.
Nearly all your customers have smartphones, so enable them to engage by adding video across all your platforms.
Google Loves Videos
This is one big reason to start using video to promote your business.
Video content increases the time a customer spends on your page, this is called “stickiness” and Google ranks “stickiness” as an important factor.
“Video transcripts are full of keywords. When you upload a video to your website, make sure you upload video transcripts. Video transcripts can be indexed by Google, allowing keywords to be highlighted, linking back to your webpage. This alone boosts your stats as it shows Google that your video is relevant to your site and it will boost you up the SEO rankings.
The largest search engine in the world is Google, but did you know that the second largest search engine is YouTube. Over 100 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every minute, so there is great potential for your brand to tap into this resource and reach your target audience that is out there.
Videos are incredibly easy to share – Video content when posted on social media generates social signals (“likes” and “shares”), all this sharing can build valuable links back to your page, the more links there are, the more clicks onto your page, meaning Google sees it more and ranks it higher.”
Video Builds Trust
It’s important to tell your story, after all your story and your business is unique. Make sure your story is authentic and believable, use real people and remember it doesn’t have to be too polished
Be transparent and show who you are and what you offer.
Video Boosts Conversions and Sales
One of the main reasons videos have a higher conversion rate is that the customer is more engaged and further down the purchasing funnel. So a captivating, honest and informative video can “solidify” the conversion.
If these reasons are not enough for you to consider video, then perhaps these figures might sway you
How big is video?
If you ever doubted the popularity of video, below are some facts and figures that might surprise you.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- By 2025, half of viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TVThe total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 10,113 Youtube videos generated over 1 billion views.
- 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes
Who is watching?
Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
User Percentage by Age
- 18-24 – 11%,
- 25-34 – 23%,
- 35-44 – 26%,
- 45-54 – 16%,
- 50-64 – 8%,
- 65+ – 3%,
- unknown age – 14%.
The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% year-over-year, the fastest growth we’ve seen in 2 years.
You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
So, in summary, most of your customers have a smartphone and video naturally lends itself to sharing on this device. The audience is huge and growing, so providing you create authentic, interesting short videos that tell your story, video can only improve your chances of conversion.