SOCIAL MEDIA FOR TOURISM
In this one place you’ll find all the information you need to improve your Social Media and bring more customers to your business.
Social Media module is a very important to Tourism Businesses. It covers an area of communications and content marketing for tourism which is still new to a lot of business operators, but is highly utilised by consumers.
In this Social Media hub you will be introduced to the most common social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You will learn about legal risks with social media and how to manage them in your business and you will be guided on how to monitor and manage multiple social media accounts.
Online reputation is covered in a separate hub and how to set up processes to make it easier for you to proactively manage your reputation and reviews on Tripadvisor and other review sites.
Shareable content including photos, video and blogging are covered as are relevant image and video sharing platforms including Flick and YouTube.
Browse the self-help resources.
Tutorials are premium content and are available to Tourism Tribe members only.
- Bullseye – 5 steps to targeting your message on Social Media - Busy Tourism operators need to focus on creating appropriate content to match their customers needs and publish it on the right platform. In this post we'll show you how.
- YouTube and other options - How to work with video hosting platforms
- Blogging - Embrace blogging for your business by following those simple steps.
- Flickr and Photo Sites - Take your images to the next level.
- Protecting Your Online Reputation - Tips to successfully manage your online reviews.
- Twitter - Learn how to join the Twittersphere.
- Communities You Need to Join - Leverage tourism communities to grow your business and knowledge.
- Social Media and The Law - Super helpful tips to avoid getting into trouble.
- Easy Management of Social Media Accounts - What tools are available to speed things up?
- Social Media - Social media and what main networks are available to your tourism business.
- Facebook disrupts its own business…what does it mean for you? - Mark Zuckerberg announced major change to Facebook rankings in January 2018. Tourism Tribe CEO Liz Ward explores the opportunities and impacts for businesses of this historic social media shift.
- Amp up your business performance in 2018 - The beginning of a new year for many is the catalyst to summons new enthusiasm for your business and putting in place all the things you need to do to achieve your business goals. In this post we’re sharing our top five tips to increase your return on investment in
- Getting your digital house in order before the busy period - Do you need help to ensure your social media presence isn't abandoned over the holiday season? We've got some practical tips to help.
- 4 steps to get customer reviews and generate new content - User generated content i.e. reviews should be a part of your digital strategy, you should never to underestimate the importance of this content. But you'll need to make an effort to get it, in this post we'll explain a how to get content and user reviews and what to do with
- How to balance your Social Media posts - Did you know that there is an optimal balance that you need to find in your posts to maximise your social media engagement? In this post we'll explain the basics.
- 4 top tips to market to Generation Z online - Is your target market Generation Z? then this post is for you. We'll explain who they are, what platforms they use and how to avoid the scattergun approach.
- 5 top tips to market to Generation Y (Millennials) online - Is your target market Generation Y? then this post is for you. We'll explain who they are, what platforms they use and how to avoid the scattergun approach.
- 5 top tips to market to Generation X online - Is your target market Generation X? then this post is for you. We'll explain who they are, what platforms they use and how to avoid the scattergun approach.
- 5 top tips to market to Baby Boomers online - Is your target market Baby Boomers? then this post is for you. We'll explain who they are, what platforms they use and how to avoid the scattergun approach.
- Creative ways to advertise your online assets - Getting noticed and getting reviews are essential for your business. Here are some creative ideas you could try.
- Must reads for the week ending 27th Jan 2017 - This blog contains links to external articles we consider worth reading for the week ending 27th Jan, 2017
- Must reads for the week ending 20th Jan 2017 - This blog contains links to external articles we consider worth reading for the week ending 20th Jan, 2017
- The value of the Visitor Information Centre and TripAdvisor in destination - Online reviews, the local Visitor Information Centres and Google maps are all tools that can be used in destination. In this blog we explain how they can assist your business.
- Our 5 top tips on how to best interact with clients on Social Media - Knowing what, when and how to post on Social Media is a key to success in this post we share our top 5 tips.
- Creating Snapchat Geofilters advertising for your tourism business - Learn what is Snapchat Geofilter, what can be the advantages of using it, and whether this advertising option is proper for your tourism businesses.
- What are Snapchat 3V Ads? - Learn what is Snapchat 3V Ads and Snapchat Ads Partner, what are pros and cons of using it and whether it is a good advertising option for your tourism businesses.
- 5 ways to engage visitors with Snapchat - Here are five creative ways of how tourism companies and organisations can leverage Snapchat to engage their visitors as well as strength their brand.
- How to use Instagram Stories and Snapchat for your Tourism Business - Learn all about Snapchat and Instragram stories in this practical explanation
- What is “Snapchat”? - Learn what is Snapchat, whether this social media platform is relevant to your tourism businesses, how to get started and use it to market to millennials.
- Need fresh content for your Website? Enlist your community using Social Media - Enlisting your community to provide content for your Website is not difficult, in this blog post we will explain how.
- Do I need both a Facebook business page and a Website? - Should you have a Facebook page and a Website for your tourism business? We think so, in this post we explain why.
- Social media tips all tourism operators should read - Despina Karatzias is the Queen of social media and one of Tourism Tribe's coach .
- Getting started with Social Media - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, learn how to decide which one or ones to use in your business.
Browse the questions & answers of other Tribe members in our support forums
Forum support is only available to members. Please join or log in to view the support forum topics and replies.
Post your question using the form below and it will appear in our support forums for any Tribe expert and member to answer. Helping one another is why the Tribe exists.
You must be logged in to create new topics.
I AM OVER DIY - I NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP
If you are after professional help, contact Tourism Tribe Head office by using the form below. We’ll get back to you with how we propose to tackle the problem and a fixed rate.
ALL LEARNING HUBS
- ATDW Learning Hub
- Business Improvement Learning Hub
- Business Improvement Learning Hub
- China Learning Hub
- Email Marketing Automation Learning Hub
- Facebook Learning Hub
- Getting Started Hub
- Google Analytics Learning Hub
- Google Learning Hub
- Images Video Learning Hub
- India Learning Hub
- Instagram Learning Hub
- Local Search Learning Hub
- Mobile Learning Hub
- Online Bookings Learning Hub
- Online Marketing Learning Hub
- Online Reputation Management Learning Hub
- SEO Hub
- Snapchat Learning Hub
- Social Media Learning Hub
- Website Learning Hub