Upskill For Tourism
An intensive program for people in tourism who want to make use of their time in a productive way and to re-emerge from the COVID lockdown with a stronger digital footprint.
Jackie Burling Skyview Units, QLD
“I have just finished the last week of your amazing course. I am so proud of what I have achieved in just sticking with it. When I look back at what I’ve actually completed I am feeling very inspired to keep going back over each week’s lesson to slowly cementing a permanent change for me and more importantly Sky View’s marketing presence.
Both Fabie and Liz and all of their team are so knowledgeable and really do explain everything for older, less techie brains like mine.
The course goes from the basics, which all businesses should have in place, (but don’t) to what I think is very tricky – the email marketing, lead magnets, facebook advertising. They are very up to date with what is the easiest and best tools for every part of your marketing.
I would thoroughly recommend this course to everyone, particularly if you are like me and have a very limited budget and wear lots of different business hats.
Thank you Tourism Tribe, I will be a member forever. I’m afraid you’re stuck with me!!”
“Just wanted to send our huge thanks for the work you are showing/guiding/teaching us on the Upskill during lockdown course. We love it!
Like many small tourism businesses we were devastated when Covid-19 hit and not really in the head space immediately for a course such as this. However, after many gorgeous wines from the Yarra Valley and time to regroup, the timing was perfect for us to get back into work mode and start on Intake 3.
Every week we take back more control in our business. Twelve weeks seems like a big commitment but the pace is perfect. We are implementing something every week. And it’s all those things we never had time for, or felt too difficult to tackle. Your course is systematically ticking them all off for us.
Liz and Fabi are so clear in their lessons, with ample opportunity for questions and practice. We would urge anyone considering the course to absolutely do it.“
Donna & Cath
Yarra Valley A2B, Vic
What the interactive course will cover
- Client communication on steroids with Facebook Messenger/chat Automation
- Refreshing your product and experiences
- Email marketing personalisation and automation
- Planning your content calendar in the COVID era
- 2020 approaches to Facebook and Instagram
- Setting up a lead magnet for your website
- Creating packages and participating in campaigns
- Diversifying your products & markets
- Setting up your blog
- Putting in place goals and processes for reputation management
- Staying safe online including safe password management, anti spam and anti hacking
- Digital efficiency tools for your business
- Creative customer service strategies
What the program
Top Notch Weekly Online Workshops
You will have full access to each workshop recording via your Tourism Tribe Dashboard in the Upskill for Tourism Revival course for you to watch and rewatch.
- Communication (Covid page on website, social media links, email database)
- Smart password and Scam security
- Smart tools to work better (from home or the office)
- Create your business plan and action plan for your lockdown time
- Plan your marketing asset updates
- Your entrepreneurial DNA
- SWOT-analyse your reviews
- Use intelligence to update your product
- Set up online reputation management process for reopening
- Key focus on website product pages
- What makes a good product page on your website
- What elements do you absolutely need to have
- Accommodation: turn your accommodation into an experience (e.g. create a package that includes guided bushwalks, cheese and wine platter, late checkout because of the bird watching walk is included)
- Your sales funnel (how to create your website conversion funnel)
- Creation of your 'lead magnet' to start building a consumer database
- Lead magnet vs landing page
- Creation of your 'lead magnet' to start building a consumer database and connection to your website
- Introduction to email marketing automation and nurturing sequences
- How to set up your Facebook Messenger to auto direct your enquiries
- How to connect your Live Chat on your website and make it work as your free marketing team member
- How to turn your website into a lead generating & sales machine
- Critical elements missing on 99% of tourism businesses websites
- WordPress websites: what are the must have plugins?
- Complete website health check
- Key elements of your Facebook strategy in 2020
- Facebook Groups
- How to get extra exposure leveraging your local businesses
- Tips to create more engaging Facebook content
- Key elements of your Instagram strategy in 2020
- Simple ways to create Instagram Stories for bigger returns
- Tips to create more engaging Instagram content
- Role of FB advertising in your marketing strategy
- Key concepts (Campaign objectives, Adsets, Ads, Audience, Pixel)
- Pulling it all together strategically
- Boosting a post?
- Getting help
- Business Manager
- Practices and tools to plan your COVID revival marketing activity
- Develop your seasonal marketing calendar
- How to plan for a marketing campaign
- Setting up automations to nurture leads
- Email marketing automation 101
- Compliance, anti-spam act and GDPR
- Nurturing sequence set up
- Creating your lead magnet popup
- Putting together your ‘Freebie’
- Setting up your email marketing automation sequence
- Writing the email marketing emails
Wrapped into an 12-week action plan
We will provide you with an interactive 8-week plan pre-loaded with all the activities, tools and case studies that you will need to upskill and improve your online presence.
Your personalised action plan will take you through everything you need to learn.
Sue & Bill Barford The Burrow at Wombat Bend Cottages
I joined Tourism Tribe at its beginning. As a person with enthusiasm and a strong desire to improve my understanding of my niche in the tourism industry, I felt that here was an opportunity to grasp with both hands.
I have found working with Liz and Fabie, even though we have not met ‘in person’, is akin to having a personal mentor beside me at every turn. The Tourism Tribe program has become a must for me to engage with, and the more specific and detailed programs on offer from these inspiring women and their industry contacts, the more I feel I am being guided and empowered to identify my place in our industry.
I also know I can ask questions in the Tourism Tribe support forum and not be ignored. I know that others are in the same learning boat, and that gives me additional confidence that I am far from alone. It can be isolating when one is not part of a busy office structure where lots of people have the answers to a problem; to know I can log on to Tourism Tribe and ask for help ~ and get it in a timely way ~ is simply amazing.