In Australia and abroad, the number of inbound Chinese travellers is growing by leaps and bounds! However, due to the restrictions that China has on many social media and travel platforms (such as Facebook and TripAdvisor) many tourism operators are unsure how to reach a Chinese audience, or if they do have Chinese customers, might feel unsure about how to provide the best possible service for them.
This training course dives into the China travel market and provides insight into the different customer profiles of Chinese travellers, including what travellers look for in a holiday, methods of communication and cultural expectations. Our expert presenters also explain the different online platforms that Chinese travellers use and how non-Chinese tourism businesses can meet their customers where they are.
- Using Weibo and WeChat as an Australian business
- Do Chinese travellers use TripAdvisor?
- Communication and cultural expectations with Chinese travellers
- What is the likelihood that my business will be appealing to the Chinese market?
- Profiles of the Chinese market
- What the Chinese visitor is seeking
- What you can do to prepare your business
- The key marketing platforms to engage Chinese travellers
- Best advice for producing Chinese signage
- What are the best translation apps?
How China-ready are you? (Quiz)
Expert panel discussion on the Chinese travel market
1 hour 15 minutes
Chinese travel market workshop
Simon Kaiyu Li
Thousands of tourism businesses worldwide as well as leading tourism organisations
I thought Andrea was a very passionate and knowledgeable presenter and I felt she really just set the scene in the time she had with some really valuable information.
Excellent presentation. Thank to you all - including the fine panelists.
Sign up and Start your course today
This course is in your course library
Will i get instant access
Yes, you’ll automatically be sent the link to the course upon payment via credit card and you’ll be able to start learning and implementing your learnings right away
Are there videos in the course?
Our courses are a mix of video and text – depending on each lesson.