Darren, a tourism operator from the Surfers Paradise, has just joined Tourism Tribe and is now able to access the support from our experts via the live chat, forums and the Tourism e kit tutorials.
He asked me a question using the live chat and I thought others might have the same question and could benefit from our conversation.
Hi Wendy, Where do I start?
My advice to him was to complete the digital check up it’s free and available for both members and non members. By completing the check up you be able to see the areas you need to focus on. I invited him to complete the check up and then come back to me on the chat line to start planning his digital journey.
It then occurred to me that existing members may benefit from a few tips on how to use the Tribe.
So here are my top tips on how you can make the most of your Tourism Tribe membership.
We have several ways to increase your online knowledge, we have our coaching team, written and visual resources and we believe that “peer to peer” learning is invaluable, these are all cornerstones of our community.
Ask questions in the forums, by doing this you’ll
- Automatically receive responses in your inbox
- Receive a variety of opinions from our coaches and other members
- Increase the communities knowledge about the topic
- There are over 60 in total divided into 12 broad topics
- We’ve suggested related tutorials to assist you
- You can use a keyword search to find the appropriate tutorial
- We’ve added the “What will I learn” in this tutorial
at the top so you know you’ve selected the right one
- Are free to members
- Conducted every second Thursday at 12 noon (AEDST) subject to change
- Second sessions are a repeat of the first
- Limited to 15 members
- Duration approximately 30-40 minutes 20-minute presentation and questions
- Conducted online using Zoom, no camera? you can just listen
- Click the box on the bottom right-hand corner of the site, enter the details and hit enter
- Use the chat to ask quick questions
- Available Monday to Friday 0800-1800 (ACDST)
- You can leave an email overnight and we’ll reply ASAP
You also might be interested in the following.
Our communication to you
- Will be limited to once a week, as that’s what you said you wanted in our survey
- Is designed to help you
Your communication to us is always welcome, good or bad, in the forums, chat or by phone or email
Our other suggestions
- We suggest you make it part of your routine to get the most benefit
- Use the Tribe to up-skill yourself
- Ask advice of other members, it will be impartial and based on experience
Our Tribe is your community, if you have any feedback please feel free to provide it. Why not jump on the chat and have your say!